SANDPIPER 565
SAILBOAT OWNERS GROUP
www.sandpiper565.com, info@sandpiper565.com
Home

C & L History:

The Canadian history of the production of Sandpipers is due to C & L Boatworks who over the years had various owners and work locations such as;

C & L Boatworks, (Croce and Lofthouse), 1950's, made CL-16 sailboats.
C & L Boatworks, Waterhouse & May LTD, (David and Anne Waterhouse, Bob May) who moved it to Pickering Ontario and added the CL-11, CL-14, Echo-12, Code-40, and the Sandpiper-565 sailboats.
C & L Boatworks Limited, 1970's.
CL Sailboat Shop,  (owner Tom Oleksiuk, 1993) who moved it to Fort Erie and added the stealth sailboat.
CL Sailboats, (up to July of 2009) P.O. Box 1314, 2439 Garrison Road, Fort Erie, Ontario, L2A6G2, Phone (905) 894-2233, Fax (905) 894-6464 
CL Sailboats (bigger location) 967 Helena Street Unit A, P.O. Box 1314, Fort Erie, Ontario, L2A6G2, Phone (905) 871-4625, Fax (905) 871-4626
C&L Boatworks, (August 2010, owner Dave Ventresca) is located at 976 Helena Street , Unit A, Fort Erie , Ontario , and their phone number is 905-871-GOCL (4625). Email: info@clboatworks.com,Website: CL Boatworks.

The following classic pictures are from the CL Archives of the building of a Sandpiper S565 in the C & L Boatworks, Waterhouse and May Ltd. facility in 1974-75.  "Thanks C & L Sailboats", for sharing this bit of history with our dedicated S565 sailors!

 click on the Pictures to Enlarge.

 

Website created on May 1/2007, Last updated on October 18, 2010.
Copyright all rights reserved.
 For protection for our members and owners, all material, photos, and content, may not
 be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without securing written permission.
Photos can only used by skippers and crew of each boat contained within each photo.
Contact us at Info@sandpiper565.com